ADSM-L

Tape Swapping (resolved)

2001-05-06 12:36:51
Subject: Tape Swapping (resolved)
From: ML FB6 - Tivoli Storage Manager <TSM AT WWINFO.WIWI.UNI-WUPPERTAL DOT DE>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 18:37:37 +0200
Hello *SMers,

for our file server backup i have defined domains by operating system
platform. We will backup AIX and SUN systems in the near future. Every OS
domain contains 3 management classes for data, directories and special files
(yes, it's a imitation of the redbook setup). Every management class
contains a backup copy group. Now, the problem we had was based on the fact
that the copy group of the data mgmt class pointed to our 'diskdata' storage
pool while the copy groups of the mgmt classes directory and special pointed
to our 'tapedata' storage pool.

That's all. I just didn't know my configuration. The next thing i'll do is
paint a picture of our TSM configuration and pin it to the wall.

Thank you for your comments

Volker Arendt

Arendt                        Volker Arendt
mailto:arendt AT wiwi.uni-wuppertal DOT de
Gaußstr. 20                                        Tel : +49(202)4392448
42097 Wuppertal, Deutschland                       Fax:  +49(202)4392448
Universität Wuppertal - Fachbereich Wirtschaftswissenschaft (FB 6)