ADSM-L

Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes

2001-05-04 14:26:18
Subject: Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 11:26:35 -0700
This has not been my experience.  In fact its quite the opposite.
(I am using 3.7.2 but was on 3.1.2.20 as well.)

I can reclamate onsite-tapepools with one drive and a FILE area.
For offsite-Copypools I change the rec to 20 every weekend and it
reads ever onsite tape to recreate about 20-30 offsite-copypools.
It takes 36-48 hours.  and is Tape to Tape.  (3590 carts)
Of course this is also due to the fact I use Collocation on the onsite
tapepool and not use collocation on the offsite copypool.

               joe.f.

It sure would be nice if IBM/Tivoli could rework the code to allow
COPYPOOL reclamation to 'dump' to a disk area until full and then
write it out to a new copypool tape.  (with the assumption that you
used a disk FILE area as large as your largest capacity tape>)

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu