ADSM-L

reclaim spoy stgpool volumes

2001-05-04 13:18:35
Subject: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes
From: Jon Milliren <jon.milliren AT IA.PITT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:00:58 -0400
Hi all,

        I have a copy storage pool with 8 offsite volumes. 3 of these volumes
have reached over 40% reclaimable space, so I decided to run a reclaim.
I did this by updating the copy storage pools reclamation threshold to
40.

        I expected reclaim to run, but nothing happened at all. The copy
storage pool tape library is automated, with one drive. I am using TSM
3.7.3 for Solaris. Do I need to create a reclaim storage pool, or use
the MOVE DATA command? Or is this me setting the reclaim threshold
incorrectly?

        I didn't expect any problems becuase this was a copy pool, and reading
the admin guide led me to believe that since I was reclaiming offsite
volumes, lack of multiple mount points wouldn't affect reclaim.

Thanks,

Jon
--
Jon Milliren