ADSM-L

Re: NT Performance issues

2001-05-03 13:47:10
Subject: Re: NT Performance issues
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:47:10 -0400
tsm overall performance is quite the order of network speed
i've been given the following data (to be verified)
1,4 GB/hour on a 10 Mb/sec net
14 on a 100
140 on a 1 Gb

some clues :
check your network (by doing remote file copy or ftp transfer)
check your clients backup logs : they will tell you how fast data has
been transfered on the network
check your achitecture (disk pool, disk perf, tape pool, tape perf,
migration conditions...)
what about the server own backups ? fast or not ? (no external network here)

hth

A 18:39 03/05/01 +0200, vous avez écrit :
>Hi All,
>
>I run the NT TSM 4.1.x.x at client (43 clients) and Server and performance
>is rubbish...
>
>Arcserve was 100 times faster!!! (Min.!!!!)
>
>I have applied all the tuning covered in the Tivoli Adv.Mgmt course... and
>can't get much past 1MB/sec
>
>So that I can justify (or not) retaining Tivoli.... Any ideas where its all
>gone wrong????
>
>I will send details of my setttings/hardware to anyone interested....
>
>Is it really just a crabby product???
>
>Rgds
>Tony Morgan
>Fortis Bank UK

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE