ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange 2.2 and storage group problem

2001-05-03 08:58:44
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange 2.2 and storage group problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:58:41 -0400
Mark,

Are you using the "/EXCSERVER=virtual-server-name" option?
In a cluster setup, it MUST be specified.
(See page 35 in the GUI chapter and page 66 of the command-line chapter.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Mark Stapleton
                    <stapleton@BER       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BEE.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     TDP for Exchange 2.2 and
storage group problem
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    05/03/2001
                    01:05 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I'm trying to install and configure the new TDP for Exchange 2.2 agent
for a prospective customer. After getting the client to at least run,
which was not a trivial exercise, we've run into a brick wall. We can't
drill down the left-hand pane's tree past the 'Information Store' entry;
in other words, the backup GUI can't seem to see the storage groups.
(The customer is running clustered Exchange 2000 servers.)

I think the error number the GUI gives us is ACN5725E; the command line
gives us error message ACN0151E (I think) in the log file.

We think it's probably a syntax issue with the include lines in dsm.opt,
but the documentation is a little thin. Tivoli support took the matter
to level 2 late this afternoon, and I've gotten no response yet.

Does anyone out there have any successful experience with the new TDP
for Exchange and clustered servers?