ADSM-L

Re: tsm, os/390 and rmm

2001-05-02 08:06:08
Subject: Re: tsm, os/390 and rmm
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:03:11 -0400
Hi Gary,

 We are running TSM 3.7.4 on OS/390 2.10 with RMM and haven't had any major
issues. Our tape media is Storage Teks 9840's and our biggest issue is with
the Storage Tek HSC and RMM software. HSC has a setting that won't allow
tapes to be used if they have a certain number of temporary errors or if
they receive 1 permanent error. We have had to use StorageTeks new Tapecert
program to verify the tapes and once they are "Certified" we delete them
and re add them to RMM to remove the perm errors.

 All in all no major issues.

Let me know if you have questions.

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
Phoenix Home Life Mutual Ins.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian_Nick AT PHL DOT COM
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                   "Lee, Gary
                   D."                  To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU        cc:
                   >                    Subject:     tsm, os/390 and rmm
                   Sent by:
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

                   05/01/01
                   03:42 PM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"

Anyone out there using tsm v3.7 or 4.1 on os/390 using rmm as the tape
manager?  I would like to here your experiences, good or bad.  Thanks.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University
phone 765-285-1310