ADSM-L

Re: Changing the NT server name and domain name.

2001-05-01 10:38:34
Subject: Re: Changing the NT server name and domain name.
From: Michael Pirker <PIRKER AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:39:05 +0200
Hi Zosi,

Please have a look into the registry otf the TSM server - I think that you
will have to modify the following key to match your new computer name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ADSMS
Scheduler\Parameters\ClientNodeName

I have seen that the scheduler will take this information for scheduled
backups.

EITHER
If you want to keep the existing backup and run scheduled operations you
will have to assure that this name remains even if you reinstall a
scheduler on this server - this might became a critical thing for the
future.
OR
if you want to modify the sheduler running with the new machine name you
will have to reinstall the scheduler or modify this key to reflect the new
name.

Michael

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Zosimo       |
|        |          Noriega (ADNOC|
|        |          IS&T)"        |
|        |          <znoriega@ADNO|
|        |          C.COM>        |
|        |                        |
|        |          01.05.2001    |
|        |          08:25         |
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to "ADSM: Dist|
|        |          Stor Manager" |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  |      cc:                                                              |
  |      Subject:     Changing the NT server name and domain name.        |

hi all,

if i change the NT server name and domain name of the adsm server that will
affect to the adsm operations.  what necessary steps should be taken to
avoid any impacts (if any)?

thanks in advanse

Zosi Noriega
ADNOC P.O. Box 898