ADSM-L

Re: AIX Question

2001-04-30 18:21:08
Subject: Re: AIX Question
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:21:34 -0500
Geoff,

Ordinarily, I'd say "man telinit".  Except, of course, AIX has
been continually making the online documentation more and more
of a pain for old-school Unix folks to use.  </gripe>

You're looking for "telinit q".  This tells the init command to
re-examine the /etc/inittab file.  It's standard SysV behavior.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin