ADSM-L

Re: 500GB Backup

2001-04-30 11:50:49
Subject: Re: 500GB Backup
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:51:34 -0500
Easy to imagine,  not take the same amount of money the  tape drive cost and
buy disk, stripe the disks across 5-6 drives and two controllers at the
block level.  Dedicate this resource to the one server for the backup period
and run the backup.  Which is faster now?  Also compress on the client so we
have an apples and apples comparison.

If you want, multi-thread the client (just to disk though since the one tape
drive cannot do this)

Which is faster now?
Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering