ADSM-L

Oracle export and ADSM 3.1 and archivng export files

2001-04-30 05:29:18
Subject: Oracle export and ADSM 3.1 and archivng export files
From: Ivan Drvaric <ivan.drvaric AT ZAV-MB DOT SI>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:20:05 +0200
Hello,

After providing regular hot backup methods I have to provide export files
as
an archive method for state of database on date D.

Since the size of export files is very big
( database size in length of datafiles is cca. 500 Gb ) my question is:
I am dealing with the problem how to safely archive
very big export files ( produced by Oracle exp utility ) to ADSM 3.1
devices
so that there would be no intermideate disk files( I don't have another
disk storage for export files ) because I use all available storage for
primary storage pool and ADSM.

So I am looking for any possibility of PIPING export files ( possibly
compressed )
to some PIPE device so that adsm device could write to its devices.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Kind Regards Ivan Drvaric
Slovenia