ADSM-L

500GB Backup

2001-04-27 12:47:11
Subject: 500GB Backup
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:48:08 -0500
I need to backup a 500GB database and my current setup is my tsm server is
on the same ip subnet has the database server.  Tsm is connected to 500GB of
SSA storage with 5 RAID5 sets with two 50GB tsm volumes on each raid set.
My though put to the disk only seems to be 9000 kB/s.  Which doesn't seem
very high to me. My backup time is about 6 hours.  Does anyone have any
better senarios for backing up this amount of data in the smallest amount of
time soon.  I am going to be backing up a 1Tb per day and I need to get me
backup times to the lowest.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do
that.

Thanks
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.