ADSM-L

Re: AW: DSM.OPT override question.

2001-04-27 10:59:51
Subject: Re: AW: DSM.OPT override question.
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:58:48 -0400
Thank you Andy. Our group is under the impression that the vendor is
thinking about the old-style (non-*SM) type of incremental backups where
an operating system utility is used to take a full backup then
incrementals throughout the week.  In this scenario files that were
deleted throughout the week could get restored if the full then all
incrementals are restored. This could of course be a source of problems
for some apps. In this case the vendor has a valid point. Of course *SM
does not behave this way and a point in time restore can be done without
restoring deleted files.

What I'm doing is looking for ways to accommodate them if in fact, we
must. IS it possible to specify a different client options file for a
particular backup schedule? If this is the case there is no real
problem. If not, then I have to look at trying something as ugly as
defining two separate *SM nodes on the server. ):

            Al