ADSM-L

Windows Nt clients using subfilebackup option

2001-04-27 10:14:39
Subject: Windows Nt clients using subfilebackup option
From: Bruce Lowrie <b.e.lowrie AT DOWCORNING DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:15:23 -0400
All,
I just recently added the following parameters to my dsm.opt file for some
of my WAN windows clients that store lots of Outlook PST files user shares.
Nightly backups of some these servers were taken 12 to 18  hours to backup
(about 3gb). Using this option I cut  this down to 8 to 9 hours and of
course les data.

subfilebackup yes
subfilecachep c:\temp\cc_tsm
subfilecaches 200

Has anyone out there tried these options and had any problems?
Bruce E. Lowrie
Sr. Systems Analyst
Information Technology Services
Storage, Output, Legacy
*E-Mail:  b.e.lowrie AT dowcorning DOT com
*Voice: ?(517) 496-6404
*Post:    Mail: CO2111, (DC2 1st Floor)

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp