ADSM-L

Re: checkin,checkout

2001-04-26 16:54:09
Subject: Re: checkin,checkout
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:54:35 -0400
If you checked tapes out of library through *SM then they should not show up in
a q libvol.  Did you use *SM to checkout?

Not familiar with the library you mentioned, I've worked with larger automated
libraries.  With them q libvol only shows tapes that *SM knows(thinks) are
physically in library.  If I checkout tapes by other methods than *SM, it will
still show them with q libvol.  That's what "audit library" is for, to sync *SM
up with what's REALLY in library.

This above is true whether you use DRM or not.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM 04/26/01 03:11PM >>>
Hello All

Checking out and then checking in of a new set of tapes to a library
appears to take no effect. I check out all the tapes (I have a Compaq
auto-loader with 10 tape cap. and barcode reader) and then checkin the new
ones yet when I do a q libvol it still shows the old ones. I'm still
learning this so it's probably user error but I would think it should have
worked this way. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA

Patrick

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/26/01 16:55:59
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.