ADSM-L

Re: Schedules events on Client

2001-04-26 15:09:10
Subject: Re: Schedules events on Client
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:09:20 -0400
Two ways to do this, and I can't figure out which I like more, so I'll
leave that to you.

First, you can run a scheduler service under the DBA ID.  To do this, you'd
have to have a second node name registered for the Database backup (which
as some advantages).  The backup schedule would be a "Command" rather than
a "Incremental".  The command would be the script.

Second, you can use your existing scheduler going (provided you're using
server prompted backups), and have a second schedule that runs a Command as
opposed to an Incremental (Same as above).  The second schedule would run a
script to run the backup.  Since this script would be running under root on
the client machine, the script can su to the DBA ID and run the backup.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com