ADSM-L

Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.

2001-04-25 09:56:36
Subject: Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:55:14 -0500
Look closely at the "q  volhist t=dbb" and the libvols that show DbBackup !

you'll probably find the two lists don't match ! ! ! !

I've noticed that IF anything happens during the DB backup (that is, an
abnormal termination) that the libvol is left as private with last use of
DbBackup  BUT the volhist has no record of it (a del volhist t=dbb doesn't
free it)

thus my script  (since I have multiple tsm server, I pass the script a tsm
server name...)

#!/bin/ksh
rm $1.lostdbvols
dsmadmc -serv=$1 -id=operator -pass=xxxx q volhist t=dbb > $1.dbbvols
for VOLSER in $(dsmadmc -serv=$1 -pass=operator -id=xxxx q libvol | grep DbB
| cut -c18-23)
do
grep $VOLSER $1.dbbvols 1>/dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -ne 0 ]
then
echo $VOLSER >> $1.lostdbvols
fi
done
exit

then I just do a "checkout libvol......." and check the tapes back in again
as scratch

Dwight