ADSM-L

Re: Full DB log file causing TCP/IP Connection Failure

2001-04-21 12:40:10
Subject: Re: Full DB log file causing TCP/IP Connection Failure
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:40:54 -0700
Sorry I know its probably too late to suggest this but for the record ...

Having  experienced something similiar recently I would suggest first
trying to  just closing the robot door and watching to see if a tape is
mounted!!!!

In my experience my system has refused connections while running a DB
Backup ( I'm using roll-forward).  I was able to watch the progress by
"TAIL'ing" the console log on this AIX-ADSM server.

I have console capture turned on with:

/usr/nsm.3466/script/startadsm all trace

and in startadsm there is:

"/dsmserv 2>&1 | /dsmulog /adsmlog/output.log1 /adsmlog/output.log2 ... .log4

It showed the DB backup program running.

If this is not the case then , yes, you have to restart DSMSERV with the
extend log option.  I run my log file 8 megs reduced for this need.
then you don't have to format and add diskspace at the last moment.

cheers!   ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu