ADSM-L

Extremely Slow Archives TSM 3.7.4

2001-04-20 09:21:12
Subject: Extremely Slow Archives TSM 3.7.4
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:22:18 -0400
Since upgrading to TSM 3.7.4 running on AIX 4.3.2, the archive process of an
AIX box (the only thing we archive) has become extremely slow.  It starts out
o.k. but then starts crawling to the point that only 4-5 gig has been archived
in about 3 - 4 hours.  We have spoken with support 3 times, ran the CLEAN
ARCHDIR command which continues to show a high number of duplicates and not
referenced items each time it is run.  Does anyone have any experience with
this problem?  It has really become critical as we have not had a good archive
in 3 mos!

Thanks,
Kelli Jones
Chesterfield County IST