ADSM-L

Re: Problem configuring a Library

2001-04-18 17:30:33
Subject: Re: Problem configuring a Library
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:33:13 -0500
Since I have no way of knowing what you have done... here is a step by step from
the beginning. I don't know why you are using a FC switch either...

* Copy driver file to a temp dir and uncompress...
* pkgadd -d <driver filename>
   follow prompts to install
* READ the driver README file!
* remove the Sun IFP driver and you may need to remove/reinstall your HBA's
device driver with the vendor & device ID #s
   rem_drv ifp
   (((follow README instructions for removing/reinstalling your HBA driver - it
may not be necessary)))
* You need to select a Hard AL_PA on your bridge. Since I don't know what type
bridge or HBA is being used, the HBA will
   read top to bottom or bottom to top but they usually read top down so choose
E8 initially
* since your drives are type=scsi is to edit your /kernel/drv/st.conf file to
ensure that you have support for all the tape
  devices. It should look like:

tape-config-list=
     "QUANTUM DLT7000",  "QUANTUM DLT7000", "DLT7k-data";
     DLT7k=data = 1,0x38,0,0x3D639,4,0x82,0x83,0x84,0x85,3;
name="st" class="scsi"    ###this lun will provide support for your robot, if
any
     target=0 lun=0;
name="st" class="scsi"
     target=1 lun=0;
name="st" class="scsi"
     target=1 lun=1;
name="st" class="scsi"
     target=1 lun=2;
(((((this will give you device support for 3 drives))))

* By selecting AL_PA E8, this will put your on bus1 and your robot will be
target 1 lun 0 on your bridge and your drives will
   be target 1 luns 1-3 respectively. You have the ability to change the
target/lun setting for the robot (if you have one) and
   for your DLT drives. Change them to the previously mentioned SCSI addresses:
   Robot Target 1 lun 0
   drive 1              1        1
              2              1        2
              3              1        3
* You can delete the entries in /dev/rmt if you wish.
*  type touch /reconfigure
*  reboot -- -r  (((the reboot will rebuild your devices in /dev/rmt based on
the support you built into the tape-config-list.
* you will see the HBA show up in the banner and in /var/adm/messages. If you
have a syntax error in st.conf, it will be
   reflected there as well

Another way to this is to remove the special character files in /drv/rmt and:
drvconfig -i <driver name>
devlinks
tapes
(((then look into /dev/rmt to ensure that the special character files were
created.

George Lesho
Storage / System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Geoff Pusey <Geoff_Pusey AT TIVOLI DOT COM> on 04/18/2001 03:38:18 PM