ADSM-L

TSM client (NT) not able to log back on to domain after bare metal restore

2001-04-18 16:38:19
Subject: TSM client (NT) not able to log back on to domain after bare metal restore
From: Ruomiao Wang <Ruomiao.Wang AT PEOPLES DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:20:39 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I did a bare metal restore on a TSM client (NT 4). After the restore of the
original system parition, the client was not able to get onto the domain. I
was able to logon to the client as lcoal admin. After I remove the client
from the domain and added it back from the client to the domain, the client
was able to log back onto the domain.  The error message that I got was
something like "System cannot log you on. either your password or account
is not correct..."

What I did was to install a minimum NT O/S in a different directory
(winntnew directory) on the c: partition, using a different computer name.
I did not put the this computer into domain, just workgroup. Then I did
restore the system partition using TSM local GUI and copy the files from c:
\adsm.sys\registry\computername\machine\*.* and c:
\adsm.sys\registry\computername\users\default to c:\winnt\system32\config

Is it normal to have to have the original client remove and add back to
domain after restore?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

Ruomiao Wang
Ruomiao Wang