ADSM-L

TDP for SQL Server Setup

2001-04-18 11:37:48
Subject: TDP for SQL Server Setup
From: jvant <jvant AT EMAIL.BOISESTATE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:23:25 -0600
I have been reading the tome that came with our purchase of the agent for
Microsoft SQL server, and I have a couple of questions regarding setup:

1)  The manual talks about meta objects and data objects.  It states that meta
objects should only go to a disk pool.  Am I correct in thinking that the meta
objects are the SQL databases that keep track of the actual backups? I take it
if you lose these
you're done for?

2)  What to meta objects look like?  I took a look at the server where the
agent is supposed to reside and the two admins that run it were no help.  What
file extensions do the meta objects have?

3)  Also, I'm already running the TSM client on the machine, the latest and
greatest version 4.1.2.12 (and don't get me started about client versions and
problems). How does the regular client interact with the TDP agent?

Any other advice from folks out there who are already doing this would be
greatly appreciated.

Jack