ADSM-L

Re: Special characters Bug in Linux Klient as well?

2001-04-18 04:24:47
Subject: Re: Special characters Bug in Linux Klient as well?
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:25:26 +0200
Hello,

this is APAR IC29458, which is CLOSED, temporary fix:
"Use 4.1.1. client or do not use file names with german umlaute and other
country specific characters."
The APAR refers to the 4.2 Linux client, which will be MBCS enabled, but
does not tell, when it will come.

What makes this bug really ugly is the fact, that it does not show up in
the backup summary. You only see it when you look at the dsmerror.log,
or try to restore such a file.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet