ADSM-L

3590E1A Vs LTO

2001-04-17 15:52:59
Subject: 3590E1A Vs LTO
From: "Pearson, Dave" <DCPearson AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:53:19 -0700
Right now we're on TSM 4.1.0 server on Unix boxes.  AIX 4.3.2.
We have 15 Unix running Clients from ADSM 3.xx to TSM 4.1.0
We have about 60 NT/W2000 clients from ADSM 3.7 to TSM 4.1.2.12

We are planning to get another H80 box to run our TSM server (along with
other application) so we can use are SHARK for backup to disk.

We are trying to decide what would be the best way to go for our TSM
backups, etc.

Two plans we have:
3590b1A tape drives (6 of them) to 3590E1A.  We can still use the J tapes
and add K tapes to the 3494 library.
or
keep the 3590B1A drive where they are for primary backup and restore and get
a couple of LTO drive and have a mini robot to create offsite tapes.

Those who have, can give me your experience on this?

Thanks

Dave Pearson
IS Production Support Analyst.