ADSM-L

HSM Migration follow up

2001-04-17 13:11:09
Subject: HSM Migration follow up
From: Don Avart <donavart AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:11:53 -0700
As per Mary Stephenson's recommendation I set the
maxmigrators to 6 in the dsm.sys file and the server
responded by spawning 7 dsmautomig processes.  I
currently have three recall sessions runing as well.
When I do a q mount I see 10 HSM drives with volumes
mounted, however, only on is mounted R/W, the others
are all R/O.  Am I looking at this correctly, I could
understand 3 R/O mounts to service the recalls but why
6 additional R/O mounts which I assume correlate to
the additional migration processes.

Also, is there any way to determine which session is
associated with a mounted tape.

Thanks

Don Avart