ADSM-L

Can not checkout the tape through scheduled job

2001-04-15 11:50:31
Subject: Can not checkout the tape through scheduled job
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:55:35 +0530
Hi,

A query about TSM Administrative scheduling.

We have TSM ,configured on AIX 4.3.3. I want to schedule a task which will
checkout the volume. The volume is used for tsm database backup. When I
define a new administrative task for checkout, I am getting following
error. The command is used in the scheduling task is " CHECKOUT LIBVOLUME
LIB0 TSK071 CHECKLABEL=NO FORCE=NO REMOVE=NO". I do not want to set FORCE
option to YES.

But if, I run the same command from server command prompt, command executed
successfully.

ERROR :-
"ANR2755E DEFINE SCHEDULE or UPDATE SCHEDULE parameter CMD='CHECKOUT
LIBVOLUME LIB0 TSK071 CHECKLABEL=NO  FORCE=NO REMOVE=NO' - not eligible for
scheduling. "

Pls tell me whether it is possible to schedule the administrative task for
checking out the volume, if yes pls explain.

Thanks in advance

Sachin Ganu