ADSM-L

Restoring Linux and Solaris

2001-04-11 15:57:11
Subject: Restoring Linux and Solaris
From: "Rosetti, Bill" <BRosetti AT COMPUCOM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:42:36 -0800
I have seen a few references to this in the archives but no real answer.  If
I have a complete failure of a Linux or Solaris client, what process do I
use to restore it?  I have tried reinstalling the OS, installing the TSM
client, then doing a complete restore. (We are backing up everything but the
swap on both OS's).  This restore blows up when it tries to touch /lib/libc.
Should I be excluding a bunch of files so this process will work?

I believe someone must have written a 1,2,3 process for this.  Can anyone
point me the right direction?  TIA

Bill Rosetti
Bill Rosetti
Area Service Manager