ADSM-L

Re: cloptset broken for Windows 4.1.2.X client

2001-04-11 05:32:41
Subject: Re: cloptset broken for Windows 4.1.2.X client
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:33:16 +1200
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:02:13AM -0400, Kleynerman, Arthur wrote:
> Suad, did you specify force=yes (to override the options in the dsm.opt
> file)?
>
> For example:
>
> def clientopt opt_set 'Exclude ........' seq=0 force=yes

Aaarrggghh ... found out what the story is.

When I actually demonstrated the 4.1 "daylight savings bug-fix" client
install for a desktop (desktops get the "only backup the documents directory"
Cloptset), I noticed a whole bunch of files in \winnt and \program files
were getting backed-up.

I kept quitting the incremental thinking the program ignored the exclude
directives. The old 3.7 client was an obediant little surf and did what I told
it to do.

It didn't occur to me they were the system-files part of the "System Object".

Cheers, Suad
--
(off to the pub to sedate my remaining sane braincells)
(off to the pub to sedate my remaining sane braincells)