ADSM-L

Re: cloptset broken for Windows 4.1.2.X client

2001-04-10 12:52:14
Subject: Re: cloptset broken for Windows 4.1.2.X client
From: "Jennifer I. Moore" <jim1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:52:59 -0400
Greetings,

We are running a test of Client Option Sets from an AIX server running TSM
4.1.2 and an NT 4.0 Workstation running TSM 4.1.2.12.  Things *seem* to be
behaving as expected with includes/excludes.

One that exists only on the server side is working to exclude the entire
D:drive.  This is set to force=yes, and it does override an include on the
client sode.  Incl/excl rules that exist on both server and client are
giving the expected duplicate error messages in the dsmerror.log (and the
files are being excluded).

My understanding from documentation is that specifying force=yes on server
side inclexcl options will process those includes/excludes *before* the
ones in the client side dsm.opt file.  And force=no will process them
after.  In effect, force=yes puts the server side rules at the "bottom" of
the include/exclude list and force=no puts them at the "top".

We are new at this, so this may not be entirely accurate information.  Just
wanted to share our experiences so far.

Thanks,
Jennifer