ADSM-L

Completing reclaims

2001-04-10 10:41:21
Subject: Completing reclaims
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:39:38 -0400
Hi:
Our problem with drives on our newly fibre attached 3590 drives was apparantly
resolved by updating the microcode. However, in the interim we had 10
cartridges that became unavailable and would not return to available status
after the upgrade. They were then marked destroyed.

However, we still have some 40 offsite copypool volumes that will not reclaim
and remain 99 % reclaimable. I assume the remaining files were on the volumes
marked destroyed.

Any suggestions as to how to complete reclamation on these copypool volumes?

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority