ADSM-L

Re: Backup Policy

2001-04-10 08:47:35
Subject: Re: Backup Policy
From: ABDULSALAM ABDULLA <salam AT DUBAL.CO DOT AE>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:39:59 +0400
Thanks Steve for help,  the problem which I'm facing is that the management
wants 28 copies of the file to be available
don't care it whether its on primary pool or archive.  I can't keep them on
primary pool because of not having enough space on tapes.  I was thinking to
have for 7 days, and end of 7 days to archive them all and clear the primary
pool again, and let it go for the next 7 days using archiving.  The issue is
that I should have 28 version of data, since these files are changing
everyday.  Is it possible?

Thanks,
Salam

Salam R. Abdulla