ADSM-L

Re: Migrate AIX-OS/390

2001-04-06 12:56:10
Subject: Re: Migrate AIX-OS/390
From: "Coles, Peter" <PJCg AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:50:25 -0700
Bert,
I have just finished installing TSM 4.1 for OS/390. I was at ADSM 3.1 on
RS/6000.

Here is my current configuration;
Hitachi P34 - 118 MIPs
OS/390 v2r5
Escon attached Cisco 7204
5 AIX clients
5 HP-UX clients
40 NT clients
Total disk utilization for the clients ~1.5 TB.
30 GB backed up nightly

During the initial transfer of data for 3 NT clients, I saw CPU utilization
on the MF at about 25-30% of one CPU.

Expire inventory I have seen reach about 50% of one CPU. I run this once a
week on SAT.

I perform copy my storage pools to a remote silo, CNT attached, this takes
between 5-10% of one CPU.

My main reason for moving to OS/390 was to take advantage of the
infrastructure in place for the remote silo. I had quite a few problems with
the network connectivity during the initial data transfers, with a lot of
finger pointing from Cisco and IBM. Once the initial load was transferred I
have not seen the problems, knock on wood.

Hope this helps,
Peter Coles
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
pjcg AT pge DOT com