ADSM-L

Summary (sort of) What am I doing wrong?

2001-04-06 12:40:39
Subject: Summary (sort of) What am I doing wrong?
From: "Evans, William C" <william.evans AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:40:59 -0500
Sorry to take so long to summarize but I'm still not certain what's going
on.
Thanks to the following for their help;
Sean Drew
Ben Bullock
and Richard (rbs AT bu DOT edu

I think what the problem was is that the server name had been deleted
somehow on the ADSM server itself.  When the daemon on the Solaris box tried
to run the dsmc sched, the ADSM server would return a "Server name unknown"
error and the daemon would end.
As soon as I can get the ADSM folks to get their server set up to recognize
this Solaris box, I think I'll be in business.
Thanks a million, guys!  I really appreciate your help and all the good
suggestions!
Bil

Bill Evans, UNIX System Administrator
Phone: 719.535.4194
E-mail: William.evans AT eds DOT com
Pager: 1-800-pagemci  PIN 1438754
AIM: bievans4194

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>
         ....the recognized global leader in ensuring clients achieve
superior value in the digital economy