ADSM-L

Urgent!!! transferring adsm server into new machine

2001-04-06 00:37:01
Subject: Urgent!!! transferring adsm server into new machine
From: "Zosimo Noriega (ADNOC IS&T)" <znoriega AT ADNOC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:37:13 +0400
Hello to All,

I need your help.

My ADSM server (3.1.0.2.40) installed on Compac Proliant 5500 with WinNT4
operating system,  I want to kill this server and migrate into powerful
server IBM Netfinity 7100 with same operating system and version of ADSM
server.  Initially, i configured the new server same as the old one, same
server name, ip, partitions, drives, scsi adapters, etc, in short,
identical in configurations.

Please provide me a procedures in how to transfer the adsm data  including
the database, logs, storage volumes into that newly configured machines?
Shall i install first the ADSM software from the CD? And then, export the
database and copy the files (logs and volumes), remove scsi cable from old
and attach to new one machine.

Please provide a exact procedures.

Your help is really appreciated.

Zosi