ADSM-L

Desasterbackup with TSM for NAS System

2001-04-05 11:05:34
Subject: Desasterbackup with TSM for NAS System
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:54:08 +0200
Hello,

since we soon get a NAS system from Netapp (1,6 TByte, many small files)
and we want to do our desasterbackup with TSM@MVS (5*3590 in 2 different
locations, GB Ethernet)
I think about tuning this environment for fast full recovery.

Some topics:
restores in future with NAS snapshot-technology:  therefore no need for
managementclasses with many versions (smaller database, optimal used tapes)
smaller database - second installation of a TSM server on the same MVS
Host. No interaction with the old TSM System (80 smaller Clients)
as many simultaneous restoresessions as possible
        (dividing large filesystems up in smaller parts by using
combinations of different nodenames with different incl/excl on the same
filesystem)

What are your ideas?

With regards,
Stefan Holzwarth

P.S Sorry for the first posting to LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

----
Stefan Holzwarth
Stefan Holzwarth
ADAC e.V. (Rechenzentrum, Produktionsplanung und Organisation)
Am Westpark 8, 81373 München Tel.: (089) 7676-5212, Fax: (089) 76768924