ADSM-L

database reorganization

2001-04-03 07:46:38
Subject: database reorganization
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:46:38 -0400
Hi

we migrated from adsm 3.1 to tsm 4.1.
our database is 8 GB and i think almost 50% is wasted in obsoleted objects.
i've been told that tsm now offers a database reorganization tool, that i
wanted to try, but ibm's support told us that we should expect a 3 days reo
time !!!

i'd be interested in any feedback about db reo, to decide whether it's
worse a try

tia
Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE