ADSM-L

Behaviour during reclaim

2001-04-02 22:31:21
Subject: Behaviour during reclaim
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:31:49 +1200
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why this is happening:

I have a reclaim running, no other processes, no client sessions.
Collocation is off.
The reclaim is moving data from volume A to volume B,
there is another volume C in the same stgpool with FILLING status,
and volume D is scratch, unassigned.

When B reaches end-of-volume, I would expect it continue by mounting C - but
no, it takes the scratch tape, defines it in that stgpool and uses it - even
though there would have been more than enough space on C to have taken all
the data.

Is there some reason why it does this?  I would prefer it to leave the
scratch volume alone so that it would be available to whatever stgpool might
need it in the next 24 hours.

Server is 3.7.4 on Solaris
Library is an Exabyte 8mm thing defined as SCSI (2 drives, 10 slots)

--
Lesley Walker
Lesley Walker