ADSM-L

Re: Confusion with retention values.

2001-03-30 09:30:29
Subject: Re: Confusion with retention values.
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:31:02 -0400
Yes the server is running expire at least twice a day. After further looking I
notice that I am having this problem with NT clients as well. Linux, AIX, and
VMS clients are working as expected.

It appears as though the 9999 versions is messing up the NT and Netware clients.
I say this because I have a Management Class for a NT server that is keepin 2
copies, 1 deleted copy, 30 days on both and that Management Class is working
fine.

Quoting Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>:

> Are you running "expire inventory" on a daily basis?
>
> boutilpj AT staff.ednet.ns DOT ca wrote:
> >
> > From: boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA
> > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> > Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:43:04 -0400
> > Subject: Confusion with retention values.
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Backup Copy group defined as where I keep versions for 90
> days and keep
> > deleted files for 90 days (at least that what I think it should do).
> However I
> > see files hanging around for more than 90 days when I do some looking.
> For
> > instance there is an inactive file called 3744c320.000 that was backed
> up
> > on Dec. 08, 2000. This file is older than 90 days so it should be
> expired. So
> > far I have only seen this with Netware servers. Any ideas? Thanks.
> >
> > ADSM Server = 3.1.2.90
> >
> > Copy Destination     NETWAREDISK
> >
> > Frequency  0
> >
> > Versions Data Exists   9999