ADSM-L

Re: Device config. worksheet for Qualstar 412300

2001-03-28 08:59:48
Subject: Re: Device config. worksheet for Qualstar 412300
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:00:03 +0000
>>Could anyone tell me where I can find the device configuration worksheet
>>with the drive element numbers for the Qualstar 412300 library ?
>
>You can get there from the software web page:
>  http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adsercli.htm
>which leads to:
>  http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/devices/all.html

Thanks for the pointer to this.
If you click on the Qualstar 412300 library, you get a worksheet for
'Qualstar TLS 4xxxx 8mm & AIT' but this must be out of date and is
wrong for this particular model. It only shows info up to slot 120
instead of 300.

Fortunately, the Qualstar library manual is very comprehensive and I was
able to find the element addresses within that.
So the drive elements start from 63,000 onwards and not as the web pages
state from element 500.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794