ADSM-L

MOVE DATA seems to empty volume but still shows full

2001-03-28 03:31:25
Subject: MOVE DATA seems to empty volume but still shows full
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:31:58 +1200
Env: TSM 3.7.4.0 server / Solaris 2.6

Has anyone had the problem where you run a MOVE DATA on a volume, which
completes successfully and Q CONT shows no data but has a state of FULL
and some utilization?

Sometimes the volumes empty out after a few days/weeks and become PENDING.
I don't make it a habit to wait for this to happen.

I got Tivoli support onto this but they haven't given me anything except
for some stabs in the dark (traces yield nothing)

Cheers, Suad
--
ANR1141I Move data process ended for volume BQY624
ANR1141I Move data process ended for volume BQY624

ANR0986I Process 698 for MOVE DATA running in the
BACKGROUND processed 49096 items for a total of
5,661,373,531 bytes with a completion
state of SUCCESS at 13:02:31.

tsm: ADSM>q cont bqy624
ANR2034E QUERY CONTENT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: ADSM>move data bqy624
ANR2232W This command will move all of the data stored on volume BQY624 to
other volumes
within the same
storage pool; the data will be inaccessible to users until the operation
completes.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes/No) yes
ANR2209W Volume BQY624 contains no data.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: ADSM>q vol bqy624 f=d

                   Volume Name: BQY624
             Storage Pool Name: COPYPOOL
             Device Class Name: DLTCLASS
       Estimated Capacity (MB): 49,922.8
                      Pct Util: 17.4
                 Volume Status: Full
                        Access: Read/Write
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 100.0
               Scratch Volume?: No
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 13
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 11/15/1999 05:36:04
        Approx. Date Last Read: 03/04/2001 11:29:04
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
         Last Update Date/Time: 03/13/2001 13:08:25