ADSM-L

Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X

2001-03-27 15:29:45
Subject: Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:30:14 -0500
>EEEEK! I've got a thousand Macs, all of them headed for OS X
>this summer. I heard that the Mac developer left and there was
>some scrambling to get out a new Mac client that could actually
>*restore* (thanks for that!), but to not support OS X would
>be devastating for us.

Tivoli should consider that Mac OS X is a Unix system, and as such could be
folded into the Unix clients family, rather than being considered a separate
animal as it has been heretofore.  OS X is Unix with a gorgeous interface.  (I
just installed it this week, and as a Unix guy of two decades, can attest to
it being exceptional.  It makes Windows look sick.) Given the likelihood of OS
X proliferating to platforms beyond the PowerPC, there is certainly a business
case for Tivoli to treat this incarnation of the Mac operating system more
seriously.

   Richard Sims, BU