ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful

2001-03-27 13:39:41
Subject: Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful
From: Roger C Cook <rcook AT ROTECH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:43:35 -0500
Thanks for the reply. I will give your suggestions a try as soon as I can.
In response:

1. If I just run the command, change nothing, then run the command again, I
will get the same error for the same slot. This is after verifying that the
proper tape is inserted in the slot. When removing and re-inserting, I don't
actually pull the tape out entirely (to avoid the problem you mentioned),
even thought the library is 98% full and rarely is there an empty slot near
it.

2. I will try this.

3. The barcode reader is less than 6 months old. I don't believe the
symptoms occur often enough to point to this. I looked at the barcodes and
they look fine, but I still wiped them off when removing/inserting.

4. It is a simple setup, nothing fancy - only one library. I have the two
top I/O plus the 14-slot bulk I/O.

Thanks for you input, and any other ideas you may have.

Roger C Cook
RCG Information Services