ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle fails to recover from full diskpool

2001-03-27 10:32:18
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle fails to recover from full diskpool
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:32:31 +0200
Hi Dwight!
I did. But I cannot always prevent this from happening, as long as TSM
doesn't cancel other processes for a migrate. If a storage pool backup, or
worse, a reclaim is running, all units are occupied and thus the diskpool is
filling up. More and more Oracle clients are running backups (or archive
logfiles) during the day, so I have a very hard time finding a slot for
reclaiming.
To my opinion, TSM should stop reclaiming when a migrate is needed, but it
does not.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines