ADSM-L

ANR2121W

2001-03-27 08:46:52
Subject: ANR2121W
From: Debbie Denham <ddenh AT PUBPRESS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:38:23 -0500
We have the following situation occurring, and have enlisted support from TSM
for problem determination. The open ticket concerns the following
documentation. TSM's response to the ticket is also listed below. Is this
infact something that we must live with or do we have other options?

Operating System: AIX 4.3
Product Group: Storage Products
Fileset or Version: TSM 3.7.4.3
.
Environment:
TSM 3.7.4.3 running on AIX 4.3.2. RS/6000 connected to 3494 tape
library.
.
Problem Description:
Redefining drives caused TSM to crash. A database backup
was running when TSM crashed. I restarted dsmserv and everything came up
fine. Since this occured we have been receiving the following message in
activity log each day:
03/07/2001 11:16:19 ANR2121W ATTENTION: More than xxxx MB of the
database has changed and the last database backup was more than 24 hours
ago. Use the BACKUP DB command to provide for database recovery.

The database successfully completes its scheduled back up each day so
why do we keep getting this message and how can we get rid of it? I have
halted TSM and restarted dsmserv twice since it crashed but the message
is still showing up each day.

TSM Support Response

Action Taken: She runs a database backup at 11:00PM and completes at
11:17PM. At 11:06 She gets the Message .
03/07/2001 11:16:19 ANR2121W ATTENTION: More than xxxx MB of the
database has changed and the last database backup was more than 24 hours
ago. Explained to her this a none critical error. Just informitive. It
is working as designed. Wants the error message to stop. She does not
want to run 2 backups. Explained to her it is working as designed. She
feels that it should not do that. Insistant on talking to LVL2. Talked
to back end. Said to send to LVL2. She is very unhappy. This appearntly
started happening after the server crashed on day.
.
Action Plan: Requeue to LVL2 per escalation

TSM support is waiting for a response from us whether to escalate this ticket
or not.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions other than TSM's.

Sincerely,
Debbie Denham
Publishers Printing
ddenh AT pubpress DOT com