ADSM-L

Re: tsm server for solaris

2001-03-23 05:18:21
Subject: Re: tsm server for solaris
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:18:52 +1200
We ran a Sun Ultra2 for 4 years (just moving across to a AIX box). Considering
we completely saturated it with nodes/hardware etc. it actually worked well.
(Database peaked at 55GB)

You just have to make sure you have very fast hard drives for the database
and plenty of memory.

The most obvious downside for us was having to use the TSM device drivers for
our
DLT tapes (not sure about the other formats) this does not allow you using the
tape drives outside of TSM. A pain when you want to diagnose faulty drives from
the OS.

Cheers, Suad