ADSM-L

Re: System Objects for Windows

2001-03-22 16:57:50
Subject: Re: System Objects for Windows
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:58:22 -0600
NT Backup of System State does not include boot.ini, it does include ntldr
and ntdetect.com.  I don't think it contains config.sys.

TSM DOES NOT backup boot.ini as a regular file.  It does not back up any
files that are included as part of the System Object.

Renaming the System Object on TSM after the backup does work - I've tested
this out.  This is documented in the TSM with W2K redpiece.

One reason to use the NT backup method is that it gives you the ability to
archive the system state which you cannot do at all with TSM.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg