ADSM-L

Re: Novell 5.1

2001-03-22 07:30:55
Subject: Re: Novell 5.1
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:31:28 -0500
Marc,

 We had similar problems with Netware 5.1 I am not a Novell engineer but
our Novell group was working on this problem with Tivoli and Novell
support, here is what we had to do to get this configuration to work, be
advised that we still have the memory leak issue.

"A specific TSANDS is required in order to get the Mainframe to login to a
5.1 server to perform backups. If I use other than the 9/8/2000 TSANDS the
server will not allow an unattended login."

 I do not know if this applies to all server platforms we were having the
problem with TSM 3.7.3 on OS/390.

 Hope this helps.

 Brian

                   Marc David
                   <marc.david@P        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   FPC.COM>             cc:
                   Sent by:             Subject:     Novell 5.1
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

                   03/21/2001
                   03:52 PM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"

Marc David
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services
(508) 871-9961

I'm also having problems with Netware 5.1.  This was my  first attempt at a
5.1 client.

I loaded the code,  No problem, I load the NLM's  TSA500 , TSANDS and SMDR.

TSA500,  asked me about the O=XXXX and OU=XXXXX

Then I loaded DSMC  and type  I for a full incremental since it the first
time

And this is what I'm getting.

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 4, Release 1, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2000, All Rights Reserved.

tsm> i
Node Name: NDS-MASTER
Session established with server PFPC_WB_TSM1: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 7, Level 4.0
  Server date/time: 03/21/2001 15:47:48  Last access: 03/21/2001 15:08:20

ANS1872E Unable to connect to NetWare target service 'NDS-MASTER'.
Make sure the TSA NLM is loaded on the specified machine.
(SMDR-5.0-77) An internal error has occurred. Reading an object form NDS or
file
 failed.
tsm>

Any ideas ??   HELP..