ADSM-L

Policy talk

2001-03-21 02:05:04
Subject: Policy talk
From: ABDULSALAM ABDULLA <salam AT DUBAL.CO DOT AE>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:57:50 +0400
Hi All,
It might sound simple for some, but I'm having doubt.  To my understanding
the whole policy and management classes are controlled by these 5 options
under Policy Domains and backup Copy Groups
Backup Retention (Grace Period)
Versions Data Exists
Versions Data Deleted
Retain Extra Versions
Retain Only Version
Ok, I have some filesystem which I want to backup them for one month with 30
version, (these files are changing everyday)at the end of the month I want
to move the latest copy to a copy pool and keep it off-site for a year.
What will be the value of the above options? Any other concern?

Appreciate your help,
Salam