ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway,and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary

2001-03-19 19:59:59
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway,and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary
From: "Volovsek, Jay" <Volovsek.Jay AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:49:43 -0600
I shouldn't have to RTFM when I had a contract with IBM to come out and do
the installation for me.  I had my configuration laid out and they were
expected to perform the given task.

Here is another example of a problem that RTFM wouldn't have solved:

When installing TSM 4.1.1.0 on NT4.0, the service would take 20+ minutes to
start on a Quad CPU Netfinity w/ 2.5Gig RAM.  Tivoli comes onsite and gets
same exact error on several different hardware configuration on server
different types of Netfinity's.  Three guys onsite and Support/Developers on
the phone.  It took them 3 days to find a bug in the installer which set
BufPoolSize to 273MB instead of 32MB.  3DAYS!!! Not documented, never seen
before, so not in the manual!!

Bite me!!