ADSM-L

Re: Root/Amin Privilege

2001-03-19 17:23:40
Subject: Re: Root/Amin Privilege
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:24:06 -0800
Sure.  You could have a path to request Systems to bounce schedulers/server,
i.e. service request tickets or whatever, or they can give Operations
appropriate permissions for day-to-day operations.

UNIX: Systems could give Operations read/write access to the TSM client
directory and put together a script/app that runs as root and can be used to
kill the scheduler and restart it.

NT:   Systems could give Operations read/write access to the TSM client
directory and Start/Stop Services policy privileges.

Server:  read/write permission to the server directory, script that runs as
root to kill server.  I think you can start the server under any ID you like
and it'll still work.  If not, they can provide a script to start the server
under root.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but if there is
something else, it should be pretty easy to address.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail