ADSM-L

Re: Memory leak fix in SCHEDULER for NOVELL Client

2001-03-19 16:14:47
Subject: Re: Memory leak fix in SCHEDULER for NOVELL Client
From: Ross Davies <ross.davies AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:11:19 +1100
Cory - that is not good news.  We are looking to upgrade to TSM 4.1 in the
near future to fix the memory leak problem we are having on our Netware
servers.  The IBM / Tivoli guys tell us that it is not a problem with TSM
but is a problem with the Netware garbagecollect function that is not
working correctly.  However Novell also seem to be pointing the finger at
IBM / Tivoli.

I would love to see an indication that at least one of these parties is
working to solve this problem.  We currently have to unload and re-load our
TSM modules to fix the problem and we have about 500 servers so this
becomes quite a headache.

Ross Davies
Tuning & Storage Admin
Centrelink.